Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Cardiac Arrest Facts:
• Annually, more than 2,300 Singaporeans suffer from cardiac arrest, of which only 3% survive
• Every second matters as chances of survival drops by 7% to 10% every minute
• Immediate application of CPR & AED has led to survival rates as high as 60%
Unmatched features of Cardiac Science AED:
• Proprietary STAR waveform designed to measure the patient’s thoracic impedance and deliver customized shock therapy
• The personalised first shock is delivered within Low Energy (LE) range of 126J-260J. Subsequent shocks are delivered within High Energy (HE) range of 170J-354J.
• Ensure the life-saving equipment always in operation with robust ReadyRescue DAILY self-test, which INCL PAD FUNCTION
• Intellisense medical-grade battery 4 years OPERATIONAL GUARANTEE. “Smart” intellisense battery with build-in processor allow you to track the utilisation of the battery since installation.
While most of the public access AED in Singapore offers 200J and below low energy (LE) defibrillation, is 300J and above high energy (HE) essential/benificial?
Study 1: A multicenter prospective randomized study comparing the efficacy of escalating higher biphasic versus low biphasic energy defibrillations in patients presenting with cardiac arrest in the in-hospital environment
Study 2: BIPHASIC Trial: a randomized comparison of fixed lower versus escalating higher energy levels for defibrillation in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
Medical devise; FDA Approved or CE Mark, which is better/safer?
"FDA approval always requires a full clinical trial or trials, whereas the CE Mark can be obtained through a clinical evaluation"
List of AEDs (to the specific models) that are FDA approved